Cece’s® Veggie Co. Grillerz are a hot new twist on your favorite grilling fare- 100% organic veggies, crinkle-cut to the ideal size and thickness for flame-kissed flavor. Our favorite way to enjoy them is hot off the grill, but you can also prepare them on a griddle, cast iron pan or even in the broiler for smoking hot (and delicious) results!
1 package of Cece’s Veggie Co. Grillerz Z-Cut™ Summer Squash
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 thick-cut slices round country bread
1 large garlic clove, halved
2 Tbsp olive tapenade
2 Tbsp hummus
1/2 large tomato, sliced
1/2 cup sprouts (sunflower, radish or other)
- Preheat grill or cast iron pan if using a stovetop.
- Brush both sides of Z-Cut Summer Squash with olive oil and place on preheated grill or cast iron pan and cook over direct high heat, turning once, until slightly charred (approximately 3-5 minutes per side). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grill or broil bread until just slightly browned, about 1 minute per side. Remove bread from heat and rub on both sides with garlic, discard garlic.
- To assemble, spread olive tapenade on the inside of one bread slice and hummus on the other slice. Top with Z-Cut Summer Squash, tomatoes and sprouts.
- Cut in half to serve, and enjoy!