Cece’s is thrilled to partner with Chef Amanda Cohen, owner of NYC’s Dirt Candy restaurant on a set of simple but twisted recipes highlighting spiralized and riced veggies. Amanda’s philosophy is to celebrate vegetables by finding unique (but uncomplicated) ways to feature them in the center of the plate.
Click here to view all recipes developed by Chef Amanda Cohen for Cece’s!
Chef Cohen’s Riced Broccoli Risotto features Cece’s organic riced broccoli as the base, served over a sumptuous broccoli puree and garnished with a citrus-forward gremolata for a creamy and flavorful veggie main dish with a decadent air.
2 heads of broccoli, chopped into florets
Zest of 1 orange
Zest of 1 lemon
1/4 cup parsley, minced
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 package of Cece’s Veggie Co. Organic Riced Broccoli
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup yellow onion, diced
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1/3 cup white wine
1 cup porcini mushrooms, sliced
6 cups mushroom stock
5 Tbsp grated Parmesan
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed and cold
salt, to taste
2 Tbsp porcini mushroom oil
1/4 cup fontina cheese, grated
- Blanch and shock broccoli florets.
- Place florets in blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Add ice cubes to assist blending while keeping the mixture cool to retain the color.
Season with salt.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zest from the lemon and orange. Lay the zests, pith side up and use a knife to clean the zest of all the white pith. Thinly chop cleaned zests.
- Place florets in food processor and pulse to a fine crumb.
- Stir all ingredients together in a metal until thoroughly combined, set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a wide bottomed pot on medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until caramelized. Remove the mushrooms and set aside.
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, bring the mushroom stock to a simmer.
- To the mushroom pan, add the rest of the olive oil, the onion, garlic, and 2 tsp of salt and cook over medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Add the Cece’s riced broccoli and stir to evenly coat in oil. Deglaze with white wine and cook until the wine is fully evaporated.
- Add 1 cup of simmering mushroom stock to the hot riced broccoli and stir until absorbed. Continue adding stock 1 cup at a time and stirring until absorbed. Continue this step until the riced broccoli is just cooked through.
- Stir in the pre-cooked mushrooms as well as the broccoli puree and heat through.
- Finish with grated Parmesan and butter. Season with salt to taste.
- Divide among 4 shallow bowls. Garnish with gremolata, Sprinkle with grated fontina cheese and a drizzle of porcini oil to finish.