1 package Cece’s Veggie Co. Organic Noodled Butternut Squash
6 Tbsp avocado oil, divided
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
4 scallops per person (can also use chicken, sausage, shrimp, plant-based protein, etc.)
1 jar (24 oz) tomato sauce
1/4 cup heavy cream (omit if dairy free)
salt, pepper & chili flakes to taste
- Heat 3 Tbsp of avocado oil in a large, deep-set pan. Add in broccoli and mushrooms and mix well. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in Cece’s Veggie Co. butternut squash noodles. Mix well with the other vegetables. Cover again for 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat the remaining 3 Tbsp of avocado oil on a cast iron skillet. When hot, place scallops (or protein of choice) on the pan. Season with blackening seasoning to your liking and let cook for 3 – 5 minutes on each side.
- When the vegetables are tender, add in the whole jar of tomato sauce and 1/4 C of heavy cream. Mix well.
- When the scallops are ready, place the noodles and veggies in a bowl and top with the scallops. Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes, and enjoy!
This recipe was developed by Sari Diskin, a Cece’s Veggie Co. influencer partner and fan! Visit her website Eat Well with Sari and follow her on Instagram @eatwellwithsari for more delicious and healthy cooking inspiration!