For the Dressing
3 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar to taste
salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
For the Salad
1 package Cece’s Veggie Co. Organic Noodled Butternut
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter (try Earth Balance if dairy free)
1 cup of button mushrooms, quartered
1 small shallot, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
3 cups baby spinach
salt & pepper to taste
Pumpkin seeds and Gorgonzola crumbles (optional as garnish)
- Prepare the dressing by whisking olive oil and balsamic vinegar together and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside so that the flavors can start to mingle.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add noodled butternut and sauté until starting to soften, 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. (Try not to overcook – the butternut should still have a little crunch!)
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and toss to coat. Let cook for about 3 minutes, then add the shallot.
- Continue to sauté the mushrooms and shallots, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- In a large serving bowl, add noodled butternut and spinach. Whisk dressing until well combined and drizzle over veggies, tossing to coat evenly. Add mushroom mixture and toss again.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve garnished with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and Gorgonzola cheese, if desired. Enjoy!