Sweet Potato Cupcakes
1 1/2 package Cece Veggie Co’s Organic Sweet Potato Spirals
1 1⁄2 cup gluten free flour (can also sub for regular all purpose flour)
3⁄4 cup dairy-free milk
1⁄2 cup organic coconut sugar
1 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 container of Follow Your Heart’s Original Cream Cheese
3 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
3⁄4 cup vegan butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners or lightly spray with oil.
- Place sweet potato spirals in a large bowl. Place in steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes until completely softened.
- Add the softened spirals into a blender or food processor and blend until a puree forms. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt together. Slowly add in milk and sweet potato puree. Mix until combined being careful not to overmix.
- Scoop onto cupcake pan about 3/4th of the way full. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking, add all the ingredients for the frosting into a large bowl. Whip with a mixer until well combined and creamy. Add frosting into a piping bag.
- When the cupcakes are ready, remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, slowly pipe cream cheese onto cupcakes.
- Enjoy right away or place in fridge until ready to be eaten.