Photo by Lauren @flora_and_vino
This recipe was developed by Lauren at Flora and Vino! Click here to read the full blog post and get more cooking tips for this recipe. Lauren’s website is full of delicious and creative plant-based recipes, so check it out!
1 pack of Cece’s® Veggie Co. Organic Butternut Shells & Cheese
1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
2 Tbsp cashew butter
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk + more to each desired consistency
Juice from 1 lemon, squeezed
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup green peas, cooked
Himalayan sea salt, to taste
pinch of black pepper
for serving: red pepper flakes, vegan parm
- Add cauliflower florets to a steamer basket or directly into a pot of boiling water and cover. Reduce heat and cook for 8-10 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the steamed cauliflower to a blender with cashew butter, nutritional yeast, almond milk, lemon, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides to recombine as needed. Add more almond milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Taste and add more salt, pepper and/or garlic if desired.
- Add butternut shells to a pot of water and boil for 2-4 minutes, until fork tender.
- Pour cauliflower cashew butter alfredo into a large saucepan and heat over medium. Once warm and steaming, add the cooked butternut shells and green peas.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, until warm throughout and well combined. Garnish with optional red pepper flakes and vegan parmesan.