1 pack of Cece’s® Veggie Co. Noodled Organic Butternut Veggiccine®
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup red wine
3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
6 oz tempeh, crumbled
12 oz can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil, onion, and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add red wine, mushrooms, and tempeh to skillet. When mushrooms begin to soften, add tomato sauce, basil, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often, then taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- If sauce is too thick, add additional wine or water and continue stirring.
- Cover, decrease heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce simmers, heat the other 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add Cece’s organic butternut veggiccine and sauté until al dente, 4-6 minutes.
- Divide the the veggicine between dishes and spoon bolognese sauce over the veggie noodles. Garnish with additional chopped basil, if desired, and enjoy!