1 package Cece’s Veggie Co. Organic Noodled Butternut Squash
1/2 cup soaked cashews (ideally soak for 4 hours at room temp., but hot water for 30 minutes – 1 hour should work too)
1 cup almond milk
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp salt
black pepper + cayenne to taste
1 package Cece’s Veggie Co. Organic Noodled Zucchini (for serving)
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add Cece’s Veggie Co. Organic Noodled Butternut Squash and let cook for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- In a high-speed blender, add boiled butternut squash noodles, soaked cashews, almond milk, olive oil, garlic, lemon, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Blend on medium/high for about 1 minute or until a thick sauce forms. Continue blending until smooth and free of chunks.
- Taste and add additional spices as desired. A pinch of cayenne adds a nice touch of spice!
- Serve over Cece’s Veggie Co. Organic Noodled Zucchini or your favorite veggie or grain. Enjoy!
This recipe was developed by Sari Diskin, a Cece’s Veggie Co. influencer partner and fan! Visit her website Eat Well with Sari and follow her on Instagram @eatwellwithsari for more delicious and healthy cooking inspiration!