Cece’s is thrilled to partner with Chef Amanda Cohen, owner of NYC’s Dirt Candy restaurant on a set of simple but twisted recipes highlighting spiralized and riced veggies. Amanda’s philosophy is to celebrate vegetables by finding unique (but uncomplicated) ways to feature them in the center of the plate.
Click here to view all recipes developed by Chef Amanda Cohen for Cece’s!
Chef Cohen’s White Sweet Potato Cacio e Pepe is simple but oh-so-gratifying take on the Italian favorite. White sweet potato spirals emulate grain-based spaghetti to twirl and hold sauce, but add a mellow sweetness and a boost of veggie nutrition to the cheesy, buttery sauce.
1 package of Cece’s Veggie Co. Organic Noodled White Sweet Potato
1 cup water
6 Tbsp butter (cubed and cold)
30 turns cracked black pepper
6 Tbsp Pecorino Romano + extra for garnish (finely grated)
3 multi-colored sweet potatoes, peeled (purple, orange, white)
Kosher salt, to taste
2 oz parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Using a melon baller, ball out purple, orange, and white sweet potatoes.
- Toss sweet potatoes in oil and salt and roast in the oven until soft but not falling apart.
- Heat water in a large sauté pan on medium heat. whisk in cubes of butter one at a time to create an emulsion.
- Add black pepper and pecorino to the pan and whisk thoroughly combine. Reserve warm.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch white sweet potato noodles in until just cooked, 1-2 minutes.
- Place sweet potato noodles, balled sweet potato, and black pepper sauce in a bowl and toss together to coat. Season with salt to taste.
- Divide between 4 bowls and garnish with grated pecorino and finely chopped parsley.